Tuesday, April 28

couch-to-5k

Inspired by my friend, georgia, we are starting the couch-to-5k running program today. This program is designed to get non-runners (me!) into running shape over nine weeks in a very gradual way. I've enlisted a few poor friends to do this 9 week program with me and afterward we are going to do a race...we haven't committed to one yet, but the West Texas Running Club sponsors at least one race a month so we have plenty of options.

Why, might you ask, put this information on my blog? To keep me accountable. Be expecting progress reports.

Oh yeah, and if you reside in Lubbock, you are more than welcome to join us! We are doing it three times a week at a park, right after work. If you can join, we'd love to have you.

4 comments:

lfhcreative said...

OOO. Great idea. I need to do it. Can you email me when you are meeting up to run? Chances are I would only be able to make one or 2 a week with my hubby's wonky schedule.

Also, I am anxious to hear how project get a camera is going :)

Dan said...

I started this exact program, but I have admitedly petered out at about week 5. I wish you better luck than I had with it.

The Reeds said...

Awesome!! Actually week 5 was a huge mental hurdle for us too (I did it with my friend Jennie from Colorado). Actually Sunday's sermon really hit on the spot.. Positive thinking... We both focused on "I can do it!" thoughts and pushed through... then somehow.... it gets easier! We made a big "date" of it and ran our final run this Sunday after church at the Higginbotham park... I'm so happy for you!!!!

And having a "Running Buddy" Was a GINORMOUS encouragement and accountability.. Hmm.. it's almost like our walk with Christ... Accountability, encouragement, and focusing on what is right and pure... Hmmm...

mom/carla said...

finding the time is the hardest, I think. too many reasons (excuses) not to run. my "usuals" are yucky weather (this means anything besides being sunny and warm), too tired, need to unpack, need to make a meal....you get the idea. the bottom line is that once i actually getting my running clothes on and i'm out the door and doing it...i actually enjoy it. stick in there...it is well worth the effort!