Wednesday, April 15

one good thing

For the most part I love cold weather months, but one good thing about it getting warmer is the return of my favorite drink of all time: ice tea and limeade. Hardly a warm day passes without at least one glass of this little gem and now I have the best tea/limeade drinking glass!

I used an extra large grommet (found in the sewing section at a craft store) to make a hole for a straw, and now I can take it in the car too!

Seriously, it's instant happiness.

6 comments:

Brittany Strebeck said...

how fun is that?! it even made me happy just looking at it.

Brittany said...

jord! i want to make one! i love it!!

The Reeds said...

That's a fun idea!
I couldn't hear very well on Wednesday night so I'm not sure I heard correctly- but if you had anything to do with that chicken then you rock! I grabbed a drumstick and almost passed out. So yummy!

kirstin said...

I love everything about this... mason jars, repurposing, grommets, and of course iced tea and limeade! oh, and the season to accompany such goodness- pure fabulousness! :)

mrs.fitz said...

LOVE it! I'm motivated to make my own, one of my all-time favorite drinks is iced sweet tea!

mom/carla said...

Good idea about the grommet, Jord. Dad just drilled a hole in the center of a plastic top (instead of the metal top). Generally it doesn't leak, with a straw it it. Does yours leak with the use of the grommet?