Tuesday, July 6

I know, I know...

I said I was going to do was pay more attention to the blog. I have just had a real creative block over the past couple weeks. Not just from blogging, but from everything that requires creativity. This includes, but is not limited to: blogging, photography, graphic design, cooking, any paper craft, hosting parties, sewing, crafts with the girls, gardening.

I think I was just still tired from the two week trip to Denver while Drew was in China. He got back and we were both exhausted (him from 27,000 miles of travel!  and me from single parenting.) and then we had to hit the ground running since we had been away for two weeks. I don't think we ever got to re-charge. However, this past 5 days we have been in Dallas and Drew's mom has gotten up with Sayla every morning to let me catch up on sleep. I feel so refreshed!

So- I don't have much to show for the last couple weeks, but hear are a few pics from the last couple days as I have slowly come back to life and finally feel the creative juices flowing again:

1. Did you know that caterpillars love dill? I didn't, until a family of about 15 of them finished off our HUGE dill plant in one night! Luckily, they left the other plants alone. Kead loved it and wanted to check on them 10 times a day. Kind of fun in a "lost all of our dill plant" sort of way.
one near the bottom where there were still a few sprigs
all of those stems were full of dill. hungry little caterpillars indeed.

2. It has been hot these days and we have sprinkler time almost everyday.

3. Family time in Dallas
the girls in their little shirts we made for the fourth
loving granny
Fort Worth Zoo with uncle Dan

3.Also part of family time, but we had a friend of Dave's come and take some family pics. I will post those later once I make sure again from her that she doesn't mind me putting them on the blog. :)

3 comments:

Brittany and Chase said...

i can't believe the caterpillar! crazy... welcome back creative friend!

Sara said...

Glad to "see" you're back again! :)
That's wild about the caterpillars. Did you catch any to watch them make their cocoons and turn into butterflies?
Also, LOVE the new pic for your header -- too stinkin' cute!! :)

Steph said...

Yeah! welcome back! You have been missed (=
LOVE the photos. I know I keep saying this, but I think Kead and Layla look SO much alike. All her pictures have such a familiar look about her (= The new blog header at the top is spectacular. Well done.
also well done for single parenting....what a job that is! I am JUST getting my head around being a mom two. And I don't mean that I am figuring it out....more like..."oh, yeah, there is another kid around here somewhere..."