My husband really really loves me. I am sure you know (because I have said it 9000 times on this blog) that this is my favorite season. So Drew, knowing I won't get a "fall" in the Middle East, took a couple days off work and we piggybacked a trip to Farmington (my hometown) onto our Balloon Fiesta trip so that I could get a taste of fall. We had a wonderful stay in Farmington with some long-time family friends and it was so great to catch up! We haven't been back there since we had kids and it was fun to see friends and show the girls a little bit of where I grew up! (And yes, we drove by the house I grew up in and I cried...)
Another bonus is that Farmington is only a short drive from Durango, my favorite little mountain town (besides B.V. of course). We went in search of some fall colors and the drive did not disappoint. The aspens were the brightest shades of yellow mixed with some oranges and the greens of the pines. SO pretty! We even got to get out on some little dirt road and hike around a bit with jackets on! Glorious.







7 comments:
Oh,the beauty of simplicity! Love this post, Jordan...love to all!
It looks like you had really pretty fall colors in SW Colorado!!! Sayla looks so grown up lately!!! AND Kead is such a ham (or a "natural" at modeling)!
oh I LOVE it all! Great job for you all taking the effort and energy to do all that. Having 2 myself now, I see how much energy goes into doing anything outside of the house no matter how much I enjoyed it before!
I love the fall and miss all of the beautiful colors we had in Ohio. So glad you got to do this, looks like you had a great time.
LOVE the fall leaves! these pictures make me want a camera like yours!!! miss you! hope lubbock is feeling more like fall for you!
Beautiful... looks like such a fun day! :) Scratch that... looks like such a fun TRIP!
jord...your pics are breathtaking. (and your fam is pretty cute too:)
Post a Comment