Of all the cities we visited in Morocco, Marrakesh was my favorite. It is such a cultural center with a really fun old medina area (the narrow streets and adobe houses I think when I think of Morocco) and an AWESOME square filled with food and spice booths, old medicine men, story tellers, snake charmers, acrobats, street performers, fresh squeezed orange juice stands, and a few men trying to rip you off and sell you Moroccan souvenirs for triple the price you pay at the stores. It is pretty much complete chaos! It's great! Last time we were there, we found a place on a veranda at a restaurant, ate some incredible Moroccan food and sat for hours people watching. It's my most favorite memory of Morocco.
Drew and friends are there now, and I am super jealous. Hope they have fun- and pay too much for a man to put snakes around their necks. :)
1 comment:
Oh...it makes me so home sick. I miss our world over there and all the traveling we got to do! Lucky Drew!
Post a Comment