Tuesday, July 1

this time last year...

  • I was so stressed out about traveling 20+ hours across the ocean with a five week old. (she did great, by the way)
  • I was super excited to eat Peggy's ribs on the 4th of July...and be in the USA for the 4th of July!
  • I was so sad to leave Jon and Vic at the airport.
  • I was ridiculously grossed out to have to try my own breastmilk for the security officer in London!
  • I was excited about coming home and being close to family for Kead's first couple years of life.
  • I was mourning leaving all my sweet Omani girlfriends.
  • I was loving seeing rain in Dallas (although everyone else in Dallas was sick of rain and flooding)
  • I was curious to see what Redeemer would be like and anxious to get things started!
  • Having another baby ANY time soon wasn't even on the horizon!


Happy one year anniversary to us (of moving back to the States). We have had a great year with tons of blessings, a great job, and such wonderful friends. We long for the day when we can move back to the Middle East, but are so grateful for this time we get in the states now. Extra bonus about being here for the birth of little miss #2: she could be president some day...if she want to. :)

2 comments:

desertaggies said...

Happy Anniversary! I was just looking at pics of our July 4th on Jabal Hafeet last year.
I think we were more sad than you at the airport! But bonus that we got to see you in the States when we made an unexpected trip back. Didn't post on the last one, but reading about Sonic made us both very sad!!! :( Although we are super excited that you get to enjoy it. Have a limeade for Vic & cherry limeade for Jon

Michelle said...

Fun post. I was always nervous when I traveled to Canada for work and crossed the border with pumped breastmilk (do you declare it as a dairy product?) that I'd be asked to taste it. I'm not sure why it's weird, I'm feeding it to my precious baby, but I don't want to think about trying it. Hope your experience wasn't too scarring.