Monday, August 24

happy birthday dad

Photobucket

Some things I love about my dad:
  • His love for cooking...and talking about how delicious the food he cooks is afterward. A funny quirk we share.
  • His quirky, but brilliantly engineered contraptions.
  • How in love he is with my mama.
  • That he is a Godly man.
  • How much he loves hanging out with his kids.
  • That he has always thought of his family first.
  • That he has always let us be who we are.
  • How much he loves being a Papa. I will never forget his face the first time he held Keadryn.
  • That he always pushes us to try new things.
  • How involved in our lives he is.
  • Did I mention what a great Papa he is?
  • That I have countless memories of fishing, camping and hiking with him.
  • His hugs.
  • That I never ever ever wonder if he loves me. He tells us often.
Dad- you are a wonderful man and I am so thankful for you today on your birthday. Thanks for being you. Happy birthday!

2 comments:

pjmj said...

i love your list. he is such a special man. the picture is awesome!

mom/carla said...

thanks for sharing this, Jord! It really made dad's day!