Thursday, August 13

raspberry picking

If you remember from this post, Buena Vista is my favorite place on earth. I love Mt. Princeton, my grandpa's house, the family nursery, the little streams, and of course, all the memories. One of my favorite things about going to B.V. in the summer is the raspberry picking. I am sure that it is mostly nostalgia of going out with all my aunts and uncles to pick raspberries by the gallons. We would take the buckets into grandma's kitchen and she would begin her magic of making the best jam and syrup I've ever tasted. We would also end just about every meal with a small bowl of raspberries covered in cream- heaven in a bowl.

Although there are not as many rows of bushes now as there were when grandma was able to use them, grandpa has kept a few rows which still yield buckets of plump red raspberries each day. I loved taking the little kids to enjoy picking them in the evenings and got a little teary eyed as I saw my cousin, Autumn, helping little Keadryn scout for the ripe ones. I love this tradition and that we get to pass it on to the next generation.





3 comments:

Chrissy said...

You are SO talented with that camera! And I love this collage picture posting format.

kirstin said...

awwww... I love raspberry picking too. thanks for putting all these pictures on here and for writing about this!

mom/carla said...

I love raspberry picking too! We hope that we will have raspberries to pick at our house to continue the tradition.