Did you know I am a selfish brat? It's true. Do you want proof? A couple weeks ago a speaker at perspectives encouraged all of us to make list of things God has blessed us with and ways to share them with others, so I sat down to write my list and ended up with a couple generic blessings and a four page rant on all the things I am discontent with in life. Nice, huh? In a nutshell- I was just feeling purposeless, dreading my everyday tasks and not enjoying being around my girls all the time. So instead of thinking of ways to bless others (since I had such an awesome attitude) I decided to pray: Make me grateful for the life I have and give me joy in our everyday life.
I have slowly been noticing a difference, even while doing mundane things like laundry (my nemisis) and picking up puzzle pieces for the 9000th time in a day. Then, when Kead got sick and had to stay home from KDO all last week, I was shocked because instead of being bitter at her for taking away my precious "me" time I was so grateful and LOVED getting to spend the extra time alone with her. Thanks, God for answering prayer!
So, even though I will have to constantly be praying for a grateful heart, and even though I know I will (probably too soon) need to be asking for forgiveness at being discontent, I am so thankful right now for our life, and for this season with our precious girls.
Tuesday, September 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Thanks for sharing. It's so hard to live a thankful and praise filled life in the mundane (oh.. you know... broken garbage disposal and broken fridge and work.. blah blah blah).
It's so good to remind one another that it's something worth fighting for!!
Way to go!! Way to be an inspiration!
Funny that this is your post because our message at church on Sunday was all about our "work"....whether it is for pay or not. Thanksgivings and a good attitude....even when we have to "dig for it" is one of the ways toward a grateful heart.
I'm grateful for you and your family AND the precious pictures that you share!
Your post is terribly uncomfortably close to my life at the moment....except I haven't turned the corner on gratefulness yet. Sigh. Thanks for the reminder. I will start to pray for a grateful heart everyday. I'm also praying a full nights sleep every day and that hasn't materialized in the last 2 months. I am trying not to hold it against God and will have faith that He will answer my prayer for a grateful heart (=
Thanks for your honesty. I can relate.
Your girls are beautiful! You really are blessed! :)
Jord, I know this is kind of a dated post, but I have not been around the blogs for a while. Don't know why - FaceBook so limited a look into what is going on in friends lives compared to writing - or the pictures...
Anyway, of the dozen or more since I last wandered this way, somehow this one grabbed me the most.
I remember being kind of down after the girls all went back to school - there was something magic about the summer when they were all just "accessible". It was kind of a downer for a week or two adjusting to the fact that I couldn't just drop everything and go spend some time with one or more of them.
And that included the morning we spent with you (and your mom) taking AWESOME photos - that was a great day!
Cheers...
Post a Comment