Wednesday, October 6

balloon fiesta 2010

We loved the balloon fiesta so much last year that we decided to go again this year! It was a completely different experience this year because we decided not to go to the balloon glow (which meant an hour of extra sleep, but also much MUCH longer lines) and because it was already 67 degrees at 5:00, making it much less stressful for the girls (but, I'll be honest, a little sad for me).
We had a little hiccup where it looked like we weren't going to be able to get on a bus at the park-and- ride (due to way more people than they expected) but at the last minute a heroic bus driver decided to break the rules  and drive us to the park and we had a wonderful time!

My favorite, of course, was getting to play with my new camera! It is A.MAZ.ING. I just kept smiling and giggling and wandering off to find more balloons to photograph. Seriously, go to the balloon fiesta (or I am sure there are other festivals...I have only ever been to this one) it is such a fun thing to do! And now, enjoy copious amounts of balloon pictures. :)
and, like last year- the girls were exhausted from the early wake time. :) 

6 comments:

Carrie said...

yay! I've been stalking your blog waiting for these pics! I'm glad you guys had such a good time... It's a family tradition for us now... I just love it! Great pics!

Jeni said...

I'm so jealous that you got to go!!! One of these years we'll be back for this! :)

Brittany Strebeck said...

looks like so much fun! lovely photos, my friend!

Sara said...

beautiful!!
how fun that you spied a "jordan" balloon too... maybe you can talk to the owners and get a ride in it someday?

Brittany said...

LOVE these jord! you are doing GREAT with your camera! love the target balloon! ;) gonna miss that place...
so glad we go to go with ya'll again... love you!

kelli said...

wow -magical. watching (and photographing) a ballon festival is definitely on my list of 'things to do asap'.

and the fall pictures above -gorgeous. so gorgeous.