Wednesday, June 11

summer tastiness

Our grill is used at least three times a week in the summer and this is one of our summer time favorites! SO tasty, easy, light and inexpensive!


personal grill pizzas

4 pieces flat bread (found with the pita bread at most grocery stores)
fresh mozzarella, sliced thin (much cheaper at Costco or Sam's Club)
2 tomatoes sliced
1/2 green pepper, julienned
2 grilled chicken breasts, diced
1 Tbs roasted garlic ( about 4 or 5 cloves of garlic) *
1 bushel fresh basil, torn
olive oil rub (see recipe below)

spread olive oil rub on both sides of the flat bread. Turn on grill to medium heat. Toast flat bread for 30 seconds, flip and assemble pizzas. (base of roasted garlic, then tomatoes, mozzarella, chicken and bell peppers and basil (optional). Grill until mozzarella is melted. ENJOY!

*a little bit of olive oil in a pan on medium heat and watch carefully until brown, stirring occasionally

olive oil rub

3 Tbs olive oil
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon parmesan cheese


drew note: fresh mozzarella is not on drew's favorite list...so he uses regular mozzarella and loves it...I MUCH prefer the fresh though :)

2 comments:

kirstin said...

mmmmmm.... LOVE the pizzas-on-the-grill... and I'm with you about fresh mozzarella! :)
k

lfhcreative said...

Thanks for the dinner idea, I despise cooking in the summer and need all the inspiration I can get!