Wednesday, August 13

waiting patiently


I cannot believe how soon the little miss will be here! I am currently 37 weeks and SO grateful for how easy this pregnancy continues to be. We had a minor scare when I started having (very mild) contractions on the way home from the wedding reception in Philly, but laying down and resting after two days of being on my feet cured me of that and nothing has happened since.

I am looking forward to meeting this little girl and can't believe how much less scary this is the second time around. I know every labor is different, as is every child...but there is some confidence in knowing that my body really can do this! :)

I am also really enjoying these last couple weeks with Kead as an only child and trying to give her plenty of extra love because her world is about to be turned upside down as well. Last night we were sitting on the couch watching the Olympics and she came over and put her head on my belly and started rubbing it. SO cute. She is going to be such a great big sis!

So we are patiently waiting for our new addition...everyone keeps asking "are you just SO done being pregnant?!"...but my answer is still no. Even though I have reached the uncomfortable point in pregnancy, I am still enjoying being a mother of one, sleeping through *most of* the night, and getting some final projects done around the house... and I know that she will come when the time is perfect for her.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful picture, beautiful post...beautiful you!
It's wonderful that you're able to savor every moment, just as it is at that time. That is a gift, and how special that you're recording it as well!
I have a picture of Caleb patting my (very, overwhelmingly) big belly just about two days before Logan arrived - we had a ritual at that time of him sitting on the couch next to me right before his bedtime, and he would sip his milk holding his cup in his left hand, and pat my belly simultaneously with his right.
Oh, but this is also the same child who liked to poke my (seriously) outie belly button and say (loudly) BEEP-BEEP!!
He'll still do that from time to time.

lfhcreative said...

You look great! And hooray for being full term, wonderful. I am so glad your are enjoying your last days with K as an only and not rushing for it to be over. She will be a great big sis and they are going to be so precious together.

One night after having pre-term labor all day long I just sobbed as I put Moo to bed... thinking it would be the last time I saw him as an only child. Little did I know, he had 5 more weeks of being an only child!