Thursday, October 2

favorite place, favorite season

the view from granpa's yard



Of all the places we have been in the world, my grandpa's house is still my favorite. The view of the mountains from his front yard is engrained in my mind as the most beautiful place I can imagine. Not to mention the hundreds of happy memories I have of playing in the streams, sitting around the firepit, eating amazing food and enjoying my dad's huge family (he is one of eight kids!).

These days it is difficult to get up to see my grandpa more than once a year and we almost always go in summer, so it has been YEARS since I have seen views of Mt. Princeton in the fall. This year the staff (drew included) decided to take a little camping retreat close by, so I got to go see my favorite place on earth during my favorite season!

I got a little teary eyed watching Keadryn explore and enjoy grandpa's house, knowing that there are hundreds more fun memories to make in this special place.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Hey! I bet I know right where you are! Call us - 719-337-4005 is my cell. the house phone, which is ALWAYS answered is 719-590-1855. We'd LOVE to see you if we can!
steph

Sara said...

I get all teary-eyed reading about it! So beautiful! What a great chance to make so many more fabulous memories to add to your wonderful 'collection'!

mrs.fitz said...

hmm..this looks like the view from my front "yard" :) enjoy!!

lfhcreative said...

gorgeous! I hope you enjoyed your time at your special place! I remember you guys telling stories of your grandfathers house when we were growing up, I can see why it's such a special place for you!

Sara said...

(this is totally unrelated to this post!) No, I didn't know you guys would be our way in December!! I would DEFINITELY love to meet up - I need to meet two sweet little girls and hug you all!! Just let me know!!