good thing we left keadryn in the states...or we might not have come back!
we are LOVING being here. I cried when we got off the airplane and I saw a group of men in their white robes and red head coverings. a good cry. an "I feel like I am home" cry.
Next in order we ate at Nandos, our favorite restaraunt in Dubai! It's actually a bristish chain, but we have only ever eaten at them in the arabian peninsula, so they will always remind us of here. We thought of our friends that use to live here, Kevin and Misty, the entire time since we always use to eat Nandos with them and the restaurnt is just a couple blocks from their old house. This place just doesn't seem the same without them here.
This morning we went to the mall of the emirates and people watched. I LOVE people watching in Dubai. It seems like no two people are from the same country and the hodge podge mixture of so many cultures (sometimes very very different cultures) is SO interesting to watch.
like I said...good thing we left kead in denver. I love being here so much, but I miss her like crazy and will be sure to get back on that airplane to see her little mischeivious face in a couple weeks!
8 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing your trip! I will be praying for you and your friends as you go "home". Please, please come back and share an abundance of photos and stories.
ah Jord! I am so glad that you are having such a great time already! Chase and I are so ready to come and have been talking about it non-stop... we are almost packed as well! :0) this week is going to be hard to get through- I just want to be there! see you soon... we are praying!
i am praying for you lots! i miss you guys.
so thrilled that your hearts are loving being 'home'... kead is being such a champ! :)
love you!
SOOOO Glad for you to be there. Can't imagine how hard it would be to leave Kead for that long, but totally understand the feelings you are talking about (= fun fun fun!!!
I know that it was really hard to leave Kead but we are really enjoying having her here in Denver. We are looking forward to seeing all of your pictures and to hear your stories!
jord... we missed our flight.. we emailed drew the info,just wanted to let ya'll know in as many ways as possible... ah so sad right now, but we are going to be just fine. can't wait to see ya'll! love u
ahh Nandos...those are good memories and believe me we wish we were there with you as well! Not much time goes by without thinking of life in Dubai, hope you enjoy your visit and eat some cheesy bread for us.
Post a Comment