Thursday, August 20

collage posting

I know I explained this in a previous post, but I have had several people ask how I post pictures in collage style so I will try to explain how I do it. There might be another way, this is just how I figured it out.

I should also say that if you want the post section of your wall to be bigger, (not just in the center) you should choose a template that has "stretch" in the title from the template page. Those template seem to be better for posting pictures. Also, I only know how to do this for blogger, and I'm working from a PC. That being said, here we go.

Step 1- Click on the upload photo button at the top of your page.

Step 2- In the section "Choose a Layout", click on "none".

Step 3- Upload photos. I should also say that it makes it easier to upload photos first and add words later. If you write first the pictures will always upload above the text. You can move them, but if you want to avoid the confusion- just upload first, write second.

So, when I up load four pictures they look like this:






Step 6- Move the pictures to where you want them! Here are a couple tips:
  • To move a photo, you can right click on it and then cut it and paste it where you want it, or you can try to drag it... that can be tricky sometimes with such a small posting window.
  • To change the size of a photo, click on the photo and put your mouse over the corner, wait for the diagonal arrow to appear and the change it to the size you want:
Here is what that looks like:





Step 7- Check your post in the preview section to make sure it looks like you want it to- and post!

Hope that helps. I sent blogger a complaint on how non-intuitive there posting system is, but if you just play with it a bunch hopefully you can figure it out.

side-note: this isn't with pictures from photobucket, if you want to know how to do that- call me. (or even better ask lfh creative that told me how to do it! she's way better than me at this stuff.)

6 comments:

pjmj said...

thank you! thank you! thank you! i've tried several times & i just couldn't figure it out.

mom/carla said...

Thanks, Jord! I'll try this on my next post :)

Allison said...

I have been trying to figure this out! Thank you for the step by step! Yes the kids were watching the Wiggles! Do your girls watch them? Ella LOVES watching the wiggles sing and dance, they have inspired all of her latest dance moves:)

kirstin said...

LOVE it that you put this tutorial on here... thank you thank you thank you!

Robin said...

Thanks for this! I never thought about choosing "none" for the layout.

Brandon and April said...

thanks jordan! but for some reason mine still aren't working. I'm working from a mac...does that make a difference? I'm not getting the little arrows on the corner of my pics to resize and move within the frame. it's just making me stack them one on top of another. :)