Where have I been?!, you ask. Well, making juju shoes, and cooking pumpkin (a whole different post) and decorating for Christmas too early, and trying to make some sense of my craft room, and learning photoshop through an online course, which is the main subject of this post.
I have really really enjoyed my tuesday/thursday "class" time while the girls are at school. I go to a coffee shop and sit by myself and do online tutorials about photoshop. I started at the beginning of the semester and have been taking it way more seriously than anyone in the history of online (free) tutorials. I even gave myself an amount of "absences" that I can take so that I don't flake out on it. seriously. I have missed 2 times and have one more for remainder of the semester. I know myself and know that something else will always come up if I don't put up boundries. It's been so much fun! I love creating and designing so it is perfect. On a side note- I wish I would have realized how much I love photography and graphic design before I went to college. (I knew I loved art but thought it would be too impractical, so I majored in Spanish, which has proven so helpful in the Middle East and as a mom...oh well.)
Ok so on the to good stuff- if you haven't already ordered Christmas cards we are selling customized photo cards (design by moi, with my new skills!) in the kojodesigns etsy shop now! They are super fun and the best part is that I will just send you the digital file and you can have them printed where ever you want!








5 comments:
Love them! And about your major.. pobricita! Me too in many ways.. if only I'd known...
However, in all fairness, digital whata-whata (I just made that "wordish" up) didn't really exist in its accesible form back in the day....
so... I'm thinking we did pretty well.
jord! i need to order one of these from you! i love them!! GREAT job!
Super Cute, Great job!!
AWESOME! You're doing a fab job on the cards and with photoshop! I need to get on the bandwagon with the photoshop online tutorials!! :)
and I can totally sympathize with you on the whole "my major isn't worth a darn" idea. Composite Science doesn't do me a lick of good unless I actually finish my teacher certification... hmmm, since I have so much time for that and since that'll be so easy to do in China, I'll get right on it. :)
Jordan, these are SO awesome...very impressive! For once my procrastination paid off! ;)
Post a Comment