Not many of you know this, but I started a job today. It is a job that I didn't really see myself doing, but when the opportunity came to be able to bring in a little bit of income (other than kojo stuff) AND it worked with my scehdule - I took it! Say hello to (drum roll please)
That's right friends, I am a part time mascot! (Laughed out loud now....)
Here's how it happened- Britt, one of my best friends, works for a food service company and they do the catering for the schools in Lubbock. One of their things is Ace; a Fox that eats healthy, exercises, get plenty of sleep and tries to inspire kids to do the same. WELL- she called me to see if Drew knew of any college guys that wanted to make a couple extra bucks dressing up as Ace for shows at different schools. She explained it as a job that will happen no more than a couple times a week, during lunch or breakfast hours AND you get $50 per an hour show. I said "ummm, I could do it." She might have thought I was joking, but I wasn't, and now I am Ace. (yes, you can keep laughing...)
I had my first show today and it was actually fun (other than having to be there at 6:30am). The kids LOVED it and I think I will have a good time doing it....and I will be making $50 an hour. :)
Here I am in my costume...kead was all about it, Sayla, well, hated it:
By the way you should check out my fan club by clicking on the picture above...it's awesome! It's like you know someone famous.

12 comments:
jord, we loved the pics. and laughed out loud. i love the line "i had my first show today...".
but adam and i agree that you'll be great at this.
ps. could you get someone to video you and put it on youtube? thanks.
YES! I have been waiting for this post! I just love your new job!
fifty bucks an hour?! Nope, not laughing at you one bit!! You are seriously one cool mama -I'm a fan:)
Wow, Jord! This is awesome! I am sure you're an amazing Ace the Fox! :)
You know, I've always wanted to be a mascot... even back in jr. high and high school, I thought it would be so much fun!! You get to have some sort of alter-persona when you put on something like that. I'm sure it's incredibly fun around all the (elementary) kids!
oh my goodness, this just made my day!! you are so so so funny, and i bet you're the best ace the fox there is!
was it the cheerleader in you that couldn't pass up the opportunity or the $? :)
you'll be the coolest mama in town.
love it!!! will you come to my birthday party?
i don't know anyone else with a fan club.
I LOVE this!!!!
"it's like you know someone famous." Jordi, you are absolutely too much... I can't stop laughing!
I love you so much, you know that?
Jord seriously is the best ACE I have ever seen! My co-workers keep saying... "she should get a pay raise!" She is so great at it. I filmed her on Tuesday so be looking for some great videos soon!
Thanks Jord for taking the job... it is so great to see you during the day! love ya!
Yep, definitely famous. The kids in my class know all about Ace! You should be proud! Maybe I'll see you sometime this year!
Post a Comment