Friday, September 10
crafting
Keadryn has a real passion for "crafting". I'm not sure where she picked up the word crafting, but it encompasses everything from coloring to sewing. In fact, all household activities are broken into four major groups: Cleaning, Cooking, Crafting, and Playing. Anyway, the other day I was sewing something and Kead was sitting next to me "helping" and we had this conversation:
Kead: Mom, we're crafting, right?
Me: Yep.
Kead: and I'm a real good helper, right?
Me: Yep.
Kead: and crafting is just for girls, right?
Me: Well, no. Boys can craft if they want to.
Kead: (big laugh) But no boys want to help us, right?
Me: I guess not.
So she is my biggest helper and sometimes is it a bit tricky figuring out which jobs she can help with, but lately she LOVES cutting things out, so as long as Keadryn has a pair of scissors, a couple scraps of paper, and lots of encouragement that she is doing a great job helping, then she is happy. Sayla would like to help to, but at least for now she's not really ready for the scissor job. She does more of the "making a huge mess while we craft" job and does it very well. I did hear Keadryn say the other day to Sayla "Sorry, I can't play puppies right now, I am helping mom craft." :) I love my girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
AND...not ALL girls like to craft either. BUT they sure do like to receive the fruits of your crating labors!!!
I love your girls, too!!!
Post a Comment