Thursday, September 23

fun of a college town

Its no secret that I love fall. It's my favorite season! Here in West Texas though, there is a lack of trees and there for I often miss the grandeur of fall colors. One thing we do have, however, is college football! I love the buzz and excitement on Lubbock before a big game. People everywhere tailgating, eating yummy food, trying to find a place to watch the game (or for those who are cool enough- going to the game) everyone showing their TTU support with red and black clothes, jewelry, temporary tattoos, etc. This year's big game in Lubbock was again UT and I know we didn't win, but it was still exciting getting to spend time with friends, get decked out in our raider-red shirts and welcome this wonderful fall tradition!

An extra bonus was that Dave and Erin stayed with us for the weekend (they actually had tickets) and it was a good night for at least one of us, since Erin went to UT. (She didn't wear her orange shirt to the game though because she didn't want Dave to get into a fight! haha!)
(and just to clarify for all you Aggies, Drew is not a traitor and isn't wearing a Texas Tech shirt...just his red gorilla shirt)
And of course when Dave is in town we have to go to Spankys, his favorite burger place. The reason we go is the fried cheese. We really only go to Spankys when Dave is in town because I could eat a whole basket of this stuff...and who really needs a whole basket of fried cheese? SO good though!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hehe! I am so glad you clarified Drew's attire for all of us Aggies -- I was "thisclose" to calling him up and ratting him out! :)
Does Spanky's happen to ship their fried cheese? That looks AhhMazing!

kelli said...

"just his red gorilla shirt" HAHAHA that made me laugh out loud. Of COURSE Drew has a red gorilla shirt.

desertaggies said...

it's really ok for drew to support TT as long as they aren't playing A&M! we'll have to try spanky's next time we are in town. sounds yummy