Kead loves baking these days and asks all the time if we can cook. I have actually gotten pretty good at my chocolate chip cookies, despite how awful I am at baking. Kead has always liked to help, but it wasn't until recently that she had been interested in helping start to finish.
A couple days ago she was helping me put the cookie dough on the sheet and was cracking me up. I would give her a ball of dough and she would cradle it in her hand and say "Hi cookie!" and then depending on the cookies "response" she would either set the dough in a clump with the rest of the cookies or she would say a slew of thing I always say like: "No, Ma'am" or "Look at my eyes when I'm talking to you" or "That is not you job" and then inevitably she would say: "You go in time out!"
Those poor little misbehaving cookies were placed on the far side of the cookie sheet, away from all their cookie friends! Isn't she a hoot? Can we say bossy?
Friday, November 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
This post cracks me up! Funny how you don't realize the things you say over and over to them...until they start repeating them! Love it! I also love when the kids are in the kitchen - so reminds me of cooking with MY mom...so fun.
This just made me laugh out loud.
OMG....Dave and I are laughing so hard at this...ADORABLE
That is so sweet (= Layla will play over and over with her doll about the various reasons she herself gets put into time out (= I haven't caught her talking to cookie dough yet.....
Still loving the photo of her dressed up as Harry Potter (=
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love that little girl! LOVE HER!
she is such a crack up. she has so much character. I love her stories, especially now that she can talk!!
Post a Comment