Sunday, November 1

"h" party

We had a wonderful halloween weekend full of parties, festivals, friends and fun! this post is dedicated to the first; the "h" party! We had a great time and had some CREATIVE costumes! Here's the invite:

We had a ton of "H" food like Hot dogs, Hummus, Haystack cookies, Harvest bread and Hogsmead butterbeer... but I only have pictures of the Hogwarts Potions Lab and the Honeyduke sweet shop:
Photobucket
Photobucket
(don't worry HP fans, there will be an entire post on these later...for the rest of you- you can skip that post when it comes.)

My favorite though was all the amazing costumes:

(from left) Hoopster, Hoax, Horse (his wife was a jockey) Hillbilly, Hen, Hemoglobin

Homemaker, Handyman, Hobbits (won overall best) Home schoolers* (won funniest)
*a note to kelli- I know you don't look like this. :)

Hoax (won most creative) Homecoming queen, Havasku Indian, Hicks, Harrison ford

H1N1, Hula girl, Hannah Montana, Habitual bridesmaid, Hagrid, Hot Pocket

another one of the Hicks and Hillbillies

Not shown: H1N1 vaccine, Hostage, Housewife, Hulk Hogan, Hippie, Hula Hoop girl, Hanyan (a friend), Heather (another friend), Hot dog, Hockey player. Aren't people so creative? We had so much fun! oh yeah- and we were:
Photobucket
Hagrid, Harry Potter, Hedwig (Harry's Owl) and Hermione!
(like I said, more on this to come later)

9 comments:

kelli said...

WOW -you have some incredibly creative and funny friends!! Don't worry, I think the homeschoolers are awesome (exactly the image that used me make me cringe and say "never! not me!" But now I know better;)
My favorites are the H1N1 and the Hoax. And you guys are adorable. I'm an HP fan so I want to see more pics of your amazing spread!

pjmj said...

those costumes are the funniest - homeschoolers definitely rocked it in that category! you, drew & the girls looked fabulous! (i want to have an "h" party too!)

Robin said...

Your costumes were great! For the record, I have always wanted to try butterbeer.

Sara said...

Love, love, love all of it!! So fun! So fun!! (I keep repeating myself it's so exciting! Very exciting!) :)
Can't wait to see more of the HP theme details...

Brittany Strebeck said...

how fun is this!! i wish we could have been there. you're so good at this party planning stuff :)

ashley said...

oh my, so funny. wish we could have been there

Allison said...

this party looks like so much fun!! I love everything! Ya'll are so so cute! So sad we missed it!

The M Family said...

so creative and fun! wish we could've been there! love all the costumes!
who knew harry potter had so many "h" names for your family! LOVE it! :)

Steph said...

Love it Jord! I also love that I know personally know a mascot (= way to go earning the bucks in a creative way. You're the best!