First the outfits:
I made our ties out of pillow cases from goodwill. For the badges I found the Gryffindor image online and printed it onto iron on fabric paper and then sewed it onto our vests. Drew used dowel rods to make our wands and I stained them to make them more authentic looking. :) I also made Sayla's costume out of a cute furry vest I found at Once Upon a Child. It was super easy, all I did was add the owl face ears and wings.
I had SO much fun doing the potions lab. I found the Harry Potter Lexicon and the Harry Potter Wiki and used them to make all my labels. (I know, Kirst, you are rolling your eyes at how dorky I am. I still don't care.)
The sign said " Hogwarts Potion Lab: Treat yourself to some of the Half-blooded Prince's private supplies."
mandrake root- sundried tomatoes, doxy eggs- chocolate covered raisins
bobotubers: gummy worms boomslang skin: beef jerky
The small potions were Torani syrups, the medium ones were lemonade dyed all different colors, and the large ones were ice tea. All were mixable to make your own drink. I think if I did it again I would make a sign somewhere that said the true identity of the potions, as people seemed a little hesitant to drink them.
Here's a list of potions I had: Veritaserum, Woflsbane Potions, Garroting Gas, Draught of Living Death, Babbling Beverage, The Elixir of Life, Pepperup Potion, Felix Felicis, Polyjuice Potion and Amortentia. (If you can name where in the books at least 5 of them are used, you get bonus cool points!)
Ok moving on to Honeydukes:
I really wanted to do a Weasley Wizard Wheezes store, but that doesn't start with "H". I still had a Skiving Snackbox with a mixture of candies "to make the eater ill", but the store was Honeydukes (Quit rolling your eyes, Kirst!)
Ok moving on to Honeydukes:
I really wanted to do a Weasley Wizard Wheezes store, but that doesn't start with "H". I still had a Skiving Snackbox with a mixture of candies "to make the eater ill", but the store was Honeydukes (Quit rolling your eyes, Kirst!)
Honeydukes sign. Fizzing Whizzbees, Acid Pops, Sherbert Lemons, Pepper Imps (all candy from a mixed assortment bag we got mainly because it was cheap. I know there are more realistic canides for each of these, but I think it worked great!)
Licorice Wands, Treacle Balls, Pumpkin Pasties, Bolts Every Flavor Beans, Droobles Best Blowing Gum, Exploding Bon-Bons. I didn't get a good picture of the Skiving Snackbox but that's ok, It was there, and it was awesome. :)
Oh- and I note on the Hogsmead Butter Beer. I tried this recipe and it was a pretty big let down, I think because I made a big batch and it wasn't possible to drink it right away. I thought there was WAY too much butter, It didn't taste as amazing as the books describe, so I will keep looking. :)
Oh- and I note on the Hogsmead Butter Beer. I tried this recipe and it was a pretty big let down, I think because I made a big batch and it wasn't possible to drink it right away. I thought there was WAY too much butter, It didn't taste as amazing as the books describe, so I will keep looking. :)
Ok so thats's it. I had SO much fun doing it and now an added bonus- I have an outfit to wear to the opening of the next movie! (Ok you can roll your eyes at that one!)
6 comments:
Jord, you are fabulously creative! I loved looking at all your details, and seriously wished for one weekend that I lived in the LBK. ;)
So, I recognized nearly every item you listed...and I too have the HP font on my computer.
I LOVE hearing all the details! All that kind of stuff just makes me so happy, I love it! You sound like my dream party planning buddy. Can we please plan a party together sometime?! I wish somebody we both knew (like Brittany S.) would get prego or something and we could plan a oh so fun baby shower! Haha!
I love that you were so "no big deal" about all of the stuff you made, like anyone could just find a furry vest and make an owl out of it... riiiigggghhhhttttt... I'm actually working on mine right now
oh crap, I keep leaving messages as Dan. sorry, it's ashley and I apparently can't remember to sign out
Ummm... I didn't roll my eyes at all as I read this, just for the record. I also didn't understand most of it. :)
I love you, you Harry Potter Loving Fiend.
Jordan you are so clever, I guess after wedding planner we can put party planner. The kids costumes are too cute and I love the post of all of the other costumes. Such clever friends.
Post a Comment