Friday, January 29

stuck, in a different way

It has been a shockingly cold couple days in the LBK. Drew promised that I could get out of the house today and he would stay home with the girls. But then it rained ice and snowed and froze over night, making it a little dangerous to go anywhere. I know you people who live in places that have winter are rolling your eyes, but trust me- driving in a ice storm here is way more dangerous due to the fact that 1) no one knows how to drive in these conditions and 2) our city isn't eaxctly equipped to get snow and ice off the roads.  So, I'm staying home, even with the option of leaving.

However, I needed to get out of the house so I bundled myself up and took some pics of our ice heavy trees.
 
look how it is sagging from the weight of the ice/snow.

I hear that there are broken branches all over the city from the weight of the ice, I am only a little worried about our car parked under our tree. (the branches are usually a solid 5 feet above the car)
This tree was thinking that spring was right around the corner since for the last week the temperature had been in the high 60's. 
Poor little stifled buds.

7 comments:

The Reeds said...

LOVE these!!! I was just about to go out and do the same thing. Stuck in the house, may as well go and get some pictures. Great pics!!

pjmj said...

i love how through the lens of the camera you can see the beauty in things - praying the girls get better quickly.

Tricia said...

jord, cool pics. if i was super artsy and philosophical i might also comment about what a metaphor for life these pictures are. how sometimes we can be like these buds... beginning to bloom, and then trapped by the ice storms in life, but i'm not artsy or philosophical so I wont get into that.
also, if your car has full coverage on it, you should be fine. It'd be covered under your comprehensive coverage, subject to your deductible, of course. At least in idaho. just sayin.

kelli said...

Sorry you're stuck -but at least it's pretty to look at:)
Love those close-ups!

mom/carla said...

Sorry that all of you are stuck in the house. i know how hard this is for you.

BUT...the pictures are so good, Jord! At least it is something different, weather wise.

Ruined for Life said...

A guy I've been working with in Dallas, but who grew up in Indiana says Texans are crazy when this sort of weather hits - especially on a work day. Says they wait and watch nervously until it starts, and then because it is really happening, get in their cars and madly race home to try an beat it before it gets worse - end result always the same. Love the pics though.

Brittany said...

great pics jord!