

I am loving my new camera, when we are outside.It's crazy how much better pictures look in natural light! So far, I don't think I have taken a single picture worth saving inside my house. If I try to change the aperture or shutter speed, my little busy bodies are always fuzzy. grrrr. any tips on how to get better pictures in a poorly lit house (without getting a flash-lit looking picture)?
5 comments:
throw open your windows to let as much light in as possible and then change your ISO setting and your shutter speed. Maybe try 500+ for your ISO,as low as you can go on aperture, and don't go lower than 80 for your shutter speed if you are trying to catch moving kids without blur.
My home is poorly it as well, so I don't take a lot of pictures inside. Mine are usually really bad.
But there are a few things you can do to try to help:
- Use any natural light you can get from your windows. But make sure the light is on their face and not at their back. Err...I mean if your kids are sitting in front of the window, then their faces will be dark because the window is so bright. So put YOUR back to the window and have them face the window so the light is in their face. Does that make sense at all? Unless you are going for a silhouette. Then light behind them is good.
- Turn on all the lights
- Increase you ISO (adds graininess to pics though)
- Use large aperture
- Use a tripod (I realize a tripod probably isn't that helpful with kids running around, but they do help.)
- An external flash is always an option, but I doubt you want to buy one.
gosh i love these girls!
wow. i don't know anything, but I LOVE the photos!!!
these are precious! if you shoot on AV mode (aperture priority), just keep your aperture on the lowest number (largest aperture) and like the other peeps said, bump up your ISO a bit. AV mode is my fav :)
Post a Comment