Friday, May 29

solid food

I, like most moms, have a love/hate relationship with solid food. I love that I don't have to think in increments of 3 hours, I don't have to constantly survey every public place for a good/quiet/discreet place to nurse, and it means Drew can do some of the feeding! But that little Sayla is getting bigger and moving into the next stage is not so fun. I know its good and I know I'll love the next stage, but it seems like once solid food comes into the picture it is a rapid change from baby to toddler. Also, can I just say I LOVE the convience of nursing? 7-10 minutes, no cleanup, sweet time with my baby girl and we're done!

Well, whether I want it to happen or not, Sayla has started to wean herself. She L-O-V-E-S food. So far she has eaten everything we have given but squash is her favorite...which brings me to my next conflict with food- it is so darn messy! Look at this picture closely, someone asked me if Sayla had pink eye and I realized she had squash in her eyelashes from lunch!

Photobucket

2 comments:

ashley said...

oh the joys of solids. I hate them. I can't believe I am actually admitting this, but if it were socially accepted and not just plain weird, I would nurse Grace right on thru the solids phase and then start with table foods when she was like, two. or three. It all goes by way too quickly for me...

mrs.fitz said...

mmm...I love the solids, Ronin was the same way, squash was his favorite too, he ended up with strangely colored nostrils most of the time. :)