Thursday, May 28

...and then I won one hundred bucks


Sayla was in rare form on our trip home from Dallas the other night. Very uncharacteristically she wouldn't sleep and was not happy about being in the car seat. We kept stopping for mini feedings, and I was done with her fussing. At one of our random stops Drew, sensing my frustration, bought me a scratch off loto ticket. Since we have been married we have bought maybe three of these little guys and I have never won. But I still love them and, for whatever reason, they make me smile. Drew decided it was a good purchase to make some time pass and get my mind off Sayla, so I played the scratch off bingo game and didn't get a single bingo...bummer.

but, just when all hope was lost- I saw a little "instant bonus" scratch off and (you already know the ending) I scratched it away to find $100! whoo hoo!

I bought a new vacuum with it. That makes me really cool, I suppose.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, I love it! :) You'd be cool even if you used it to buy diapers.

Michelle said...

You know you're a grown up with you use an extra $100 to buy a vacuum....

Congrats!

Brittany said...

were u able to get the vacuum??

pjmj said...

that's awesome! have fun in idaho, and plan to come for lunch w/ kirst and all the kiddos when you get back to denver.

Dani and Greg said...

Love that you bought a vacuum. we bought a dollar ticket this weekend in NM for 192 million. I would have bought you a vacuum store if we had won...so sad we have to miss Kead's b-day:( we will be in clovis till 8ish, but back for church...see you sunday!